Careers with iQuate
Do you want to be part of a dynamic software company that innovates at the cutting edge of enterprise technology? At iQuate, we are always on the lookout for talented people looking for a new challenge and who want to be part of a fast-growing global business.
Please send any jobs enquiries to us at jobs@iQuate.com
Cloud/DevOps Engineer | Dublin or Remote
|Job Title:||Cloud/DevOps Engineer|
|Reports to:||Cloud Operations Manager|
|Job Type:||Full time, Permanent or Contract|
|Location:||Dublin or remote working option available for this role (within time zone UTC +/-2)|
With offices worldwide, our cloud-based and agentless technology focuses around discovering, analysing and mapping business applications running across client enterprises using hybrid infrastructures on-premise, in private or public cloud.
About the role
At iQuate we are expanding our teams and we are looking for a person like you to grow in our Cloud & DevOps area. We are creating a SaaS platform that will help companies to lead the process of digital transformation and adoption of Cloud technologies (Public, Private or hybrid).
We want you to have your place in the DevOps/Cloud department of iQuate because we know that you like responsibilities, you are able to solve everything that arises in an agile and organised way and you like dynamic and constantly growing companies.
In addition, we know that the Cloud and DevOps world is your passion and that is why you transmit confidence to help in the day to day of the project and/or team.
We are also aware that among the many things you want to do with us and that motivate you, are the integration with a constantly evolving team, the use of Amazon Cloud together with other suppliers and the management of projects from beginning to end (from the definition until the maintenance and evolution).
On the other hand, as we know how active you are, we want to get involved in what you like.
- Work with the engineering teams to understand the requirements of the new versions of the software, make suggestions on improvements in the current platform
- Maintenance and evolution of the systems that we maintain in our environments, we control from Development to production
- Architecture design for both production systems and previous environments
- Process mechanization (infrastructure or software deployments)
- Maintain the best industry standards at all levels, from the documentation we write to support the knowledge libraries, as in the code to automate processes such as the incident tickets we make, we strictly follow the continuous improvement
- Adopt methodologies such as “observability”, monitoring is our priority and be more proactive than reactive to meet our SLAs
- Identify improvements and options to reduce our operating costs in all environments
Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience, considering you a senior profile in the field of infrastructure engineers / DevOps or SRE.
- Knowledge of the life cycle of software development as a basis
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems, continuous deployment such as Jenkins, Gitlab, spinnaker, circleci, etc (we use Jenkins and Gitlab)
- Knowledge of infrastructure provision tools under code, such as terraform, cloud formation, other (We use intensively cloud formation, but the idea is to have several provisioners)
- Experience with OS Server, Windows and Linux. We use Ubuntu and Centos in most of our services
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Scripting, Code repository and automation, Bash / sh / shell script, Python, Powershell (We use a bit of everything!) , Configuration Management tools like chef, puppet, etc (We use Ansible)
- Knowledge of networks:
- Routing / switching / Nateo
- Bandwidth management.
- Security (ossim, tenable, alien, etc)
- Relational: SQL Server / MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Non-relational: Casandra, Janus graph, Neptune, Elastic
- Other systems such as Redis, Kafka (very important), Rabbitmq (very important)
- Web servers/apps:
- Nginx, Apache,IIS,Tomcat,PHP
- AWS Architecture (it is our reference Cloud provider, we use EKS, EC2, S3, ELB / ALB, Route 53, VPN, EFS, Cloudformation, IAM, etc).
- Virtualization environments (On-premise with VMWare and OpenStack). Vagrant and Packer
- Experience in monitoring tools and performance analysis, following observability standards, aggregation of logs, collection of metrics and traceability in services (our platform is a mixture of microservices and other traditional architectures) such as Nagios, Datadog, ELK, Pingdom, NewRelic, Sysdig, Prometheus, caadvisor, etc
- Containers, we use Docker, Kubernetes and other related tools in all environments, including production (Runc, DockerD, and others)
- Incident management, yes, we take care of the environment 24 * 7 then there is an on-call rotation
- Fluent English, the environment is international, and you will need it every day!
Why work at iQuate?
We are offering candidates an opportunity to join our company, make an impact and be a part of our future success. As a growing company, iQuate is an exciting and vibrant place to work and supports an employee’s ability to develop their skills and careers in a flexible working environment.
iQuate offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
iQuate are an equal opportunities employer.
iQuate will protect the confidentiality of all personal data that you send to us. Personal information will only be used for this recruitment process.
If when reading this offer you know that we are talking about you, do not hesitate to send us your profile and we would love to meet you. If you believe that any of your acquaintances is this person for this role, do not hesitate to let him know that we are looking for him/her.
We are waiting for you!